Thursday 1 October 2015

The Mooncup Menstrual Cup, One Year On - Review




Over a year ago I nervously purchased my first ever Mooncup*. If you'd like to read my first-time experience post just click here. I'll start by telling you some basic information about the cup... The Mooncup is a reusable menstrual cup that will last you years and years. It's made of soft medical grade silicone and sits a lot lower than a usual tampon. While a tampon absorbs your period (and everything else), the Mooncup just collects it and nothing else. The Mooncup is also said to collect three times as much than a tampon does! And because the Mooncup is reusable, you only need one of them, so whilst you're saving money, you're also saving the environment. If you'd like to find out anything else including what size to buy or how to clean you Mooncup then please visit my previous Mooncup post.

After more than a year of using my Mooncup, I'm still loving it over tampons and pads! When I first tried it I was quite worried about using it in public, but now I'm quite happy and very comfortable to go out with it! With my experience, I've found the cup very easy to use once I got used to it a few times and now I don't find it as scary as I used to! Since using my Mooncup I've realised just how much waste I'm personally preventing compared to using tampons and pads. I honestly really recommend the Mooncup. And even if you're a bit scared to try it just go for it, you won't look back I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment