Wednesday 20 August 2014

Acorelle Sugar Wax Roll-On Kit With Strips - Review*



Acorelle is a French range of certified organic fragrance, skincare, body care, and baby care. The Acorelle epilation range is one of the first and best certified organic hair removal and waxing ranges.

This easy-to-use roll-on was made with beginners to waxing in mind. The roll-on applicator applies just the right amount of wax for the best results. The convenient format is ideal for difficult-to-access areas. The product is most commonly used on legs and underarms and is effective even on short hairs. The formula is combined with organic cane sugar and lemon to remove hair and hair bulbs for approximately three weeks. Keep stored on the cap to make further application easier.

So I ended up getting around to trying out the second product that I chose from MyPure to review for them this month. I picked the vegan and cruelty-free Acorelle Sugar Wax Roll-On Kit that also comes with ten washable and reusable waxing strips.  To heat up the wax all you have to do is pop it into the microwave for 15 seconds or if you're like me and don't have a microwave, simply pop it into a jug of warm water and leave it for 4 minutes. One of the good things about this kit is that if the wax gets too hot a line of 'NO's appear down the side of the bottle. If this warning does appear don't use the wax until that's disappeared, once it has then you can start using the wax. It's always best to apply the wax in the same direction as your hair growth. Once you've applied about two layers of the wax get your wax strip, firmly smooth it down, taut the skin, and then quickly pull off the strip in the direction that's opposite of your hair growth. I've always found waxing my armpits on my own difficulties as it's hard to taut the skin whilst holding the waxing strip and then also trying to pull it off all in one go. I seemed to do pretty well this time and quite a few hairs came out, I was left with a few that I couldn't get out so I just plucked them out afterward. Next time I think I'll get my Boyfriend to help me pull the wax strips off so that I can taut the skin a bit better. When it came to cleaning and putting the product away, I was happily surprised at how easy it all was. To clean the kit all I did was rinse the roller and the waxing strips under warm water. When I did this the wax just seemed to melt away leaving me with a clean and non-sticky kit which was really surprising. Over time I've used quite a few waxing kits and so far this one seems to be the easiest and non-messiest one I've ever come across! 

£13.49 from MyPure

This product was sent to me to review, all views are my own.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds great and very fuss-free. I used their wax pot last night and got in such a mess haha! I ended up with wax on my carpet and on the soles of my feet somehow?! It is now all around the top of the pot too as it started to dry really quickly when I wiped it off the spatula :\ will give this a go next as it sounds much less messy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised with this, as I've tried the Veet waxing kit before and I really didn't like it. And oh no! I've been in a few suituations like that before haha. Yeah you should try out :-)
      Lizzie x

      Delete
  2. I'd been toying with the Veet one as well, but this one looks better - great value too! Nice review :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think this one is so much better! And thank you, means a lot :-)

      Lizzie x

      Delete
  3. Does your hair have to be a certain length before waxing?MENS-REVIEWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, sorry for the late reply! Any hair usually has to be around 1/2 inches, hope this helps :-)

      Delete