Monday 25 August 2014

Yes To Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub - Review



All of our products are made with at least 95% natural ingredients, and you can tell the exact percentage on the front of each package. We know the next question – what exactly is a natural ingredient? Natural ingredients are those that come from or are made from a renewable resource found in nature Flora, Fauna, and Mineral. We are all about saying YES, but there are some things that we very clearly say NO to. They include parabens, chemical sunscreens, and other potentially harmful ingredients. Yes To is Cruelty-Free and a certified member of the Leaping Bunny Program. Our products are tested on YES TO employees, friends, and family, but never (ever) on animals.

The Yes to Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub is a gentle daily exfoliator to help slough away dead skin cells and restore your skin's natural radiance. It is formulated with Lemon Balm to help calm and repair damaged skin and Grapefruit, which naturally evens skin tone and enhances luminosity, leaving skin soft, smooth, and naturally hydrated. This face scrub is Petroleum, SLS, and Paraben free, it is also 99% natural, vegan and cruelty-free. 

This facial scrub is the first one I have ever actually fully disliked because of one thing, the smell. I ended up using this product once before realising that I hated it and that I wouldn't be using it again because of its scent! I'm guessing the smell is meant to be a light scent of lemon and grapefruit but to me, it smells kind of off and I couldn't get it off of my face quick enough. I wasn't really keen on how liquidly the product was either as I prefer a cream-based scrub. It's a shame that I don't like the smell because I quite like the product itself as it's loaded with really fine grains which is great to help remove any dead skin cells from your face. As you can probably guess, I won't be purchasing this product again as I've come across many better-smelling products compared to this one.

5 comments:

  1. That's so strange because I have the wipes & the CC cream and I love the smell! I guess it would vary from product to product though, such a shame! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm strange! I'll have to try those out and see if they smell any different haha!
      Lizzie x

      Delete
  2. I am eager to try this product out. I have strange ideas of what smells good, so it might work out, who knows. It's so hard to find a good vegan cruelty-free facial scrub these days! Your review piqued my interest - I really wanna smell it!!!

    Best wishes,

    Valentina of myveganvalentine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :-) You should try it, the smell could be perfect for you. And I agree I've been searching for a good one for awhile now! I'm using one from the Green People at the moment and I quite like it. A review of it will be up soon :-) x

      Delete
  3. I’ve had this same issue! The grapefruit smell comes through but there’s also an odor that is so bad along with it!

    -Meagab

    ReplyDelete