Tuesday 21 October 2014

MÁDARA Nourish & Repair Shampoo & Conditioner - Review*


The especially effective plant ingredients in MADARA products are nurtured in the rough climate of northern Europe by the Baltic Sea. With severe winters and short Summers, unique plants have evolved with high concentrations of bioactive molecules which protect them from these climatic extremes. MADARA is entirely natural and ecological cosmetics certified by ECOCERT.

Shampoo
Rich and silky shampoo with Northern Nettle and Quince. Gently cleanses and repairs dry, damaged hair. Fights fatigue and helps to prevent breakage and split ends. Hair becomes reinforced and naturally smooth.

Conditioner
Rich and creamy conditioner with Northern Nettle and Quince deeply nourishes and repairs dry, damaged hair. Helps prevent breakage and split ends. Hair becomes silkier and easier to style.

I was running low on both my shampoo and conditioner, so this month I decided to try out the vegan and cruelty-free MÁDARA Nourish and Repair shampoo and conditioner from MyPure. Both products are nut-free which is great if you're sensitive or allergic to nuts, and both the shampoo and the conditioner bottles are packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled bottles which are super! I haven't tried out many shampoo and conditioners since becoming vegan so I thought I'd go for this lovely-looking duo. To me, my hair looks (but doesn't feel), dry and damaged and I have quite a few split ends due to heat damage over the years. My hair also tends to come out quite a lot after I've washed it so I'm always looking for both a repairing shampoo and conditioner that works.  The first thing I noticed when using these two products was that they both have an unusual smell, it's not overly strong or overpowering but it does remind me of a damp earthy smell. The shampoo seemed to lather up well, which is what I like from a shampoo as it feels like I'm getting a good thorough hair wash. And the conditioner coated the ends of my hair evenly avoiding that heavy slimy conditioner feeling that you can get sometimes. When drying my hair I felt that my hair felt really clean and untangled, it was a lot easier to brush and style once dry and my hair seemed to be less wavy and thick looking like other shampoo and conditioners leave my hair once dried, this then meant I didn't have to straighten my hair as much as usual afterward. My hair felt really nice after using these two products on it together so I will most probably be buying these again.

Shampoo £12.95 from MyPure
Conditioner £12.95 from MyPure

This product was sent to me to review, all views are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I tried a sample of the shampoo & remember liking it! Definitely on my list of haircare to try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using these for a while now and I can see and feel the difference from using them! :-)

      Delete