Thursday 21 September 2017

Isla Apothecary Blood Orange + Vanilla Moisturising Sugar Scrub & Lemongrass + Rosemary Renew Foot Scrub - Review*



Hand-crafted in London, Isla Apothecary design, formulate, and hand-blend all their products in small batches for optimum freshness in true apothecary fashion. Only the finest raw and natural, organic and wildcrafted, ethically sourced ingredients are used, which remain pure and unadulterated. Formulated without animal-derived ingredients, parabens, phthalates, synthetic materials, preservatives or aroma chemicals, all ingredients and products are free from animal testing, suitable for vegans and only tested on (willing) human participants.

The sweet, tangy scent of Italian Blood Orange oil is enveloped by the rich, comforting aroma of pure Indian Vanilla for a luxurious body scrub that both buffs the skin to eliminate impurities and retain moisture balance. Organic raw cane sugar polishes the surface of the skin, priming it for anti-oxidant packed essential oils to seep in and tone, cleanse, and seal moisture for the especially parched skin. A deeply conditioning combination of Shea butter, Coconut, Peach kernel, and Vitamin E oils melt into the skin cocooning it with a protective barrier against water loss. No residual greasiness, just glowing skin. 

I love the scent of this Blood Orange and Vanilla Moisturising Sugar Scrub that Isla Apothecary kindly sent me to review for them. It has a nice texture when being rubbed into the skin. I was left feeling a little oily which I don't always like but once I was out of the water it soaked in nicely. The scrub itself washes off easily apart from oiliness. I also found the jar quite hard to use whilst in the shower as I'm a little afraid of dropping it. But another thing I adore is the packaging design and even though I'm afraid of dropping it in the shower, it does look great on my bathroom shelving.

A refreshing blend of Lemongrass and Rosemary oils infused with essential fatty acid-rich oils combine to soften hardened skin and reinvigorate neglected feet. Dry and chapped feet benefit greatly from Baobab and Sweet Almond oils, which is very quickly absorbed by the skin to penetrate moisture at a deep level. The analgesic property of Rosemary oil eases sore and tired feet, whilst the anti-fungal quality of Lemongrass protects and delicately deodorises. Ground Pumice and Epsom salt provide effective exfoliation to help clear away dead skin, paving the way for these oils to feed the parched skin, and initiate the rejuvenation of skin cells. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get on with the Lemongrass and Rosemary Renew Foot Scrub, or it didn't get on with me... I found the scrub to be quite dry and hard to use on my feet due to the large salt grains. Which is a shame as the scent has a lovely refreshing smell of Rosemary which I really like. Again love the style of packaging but afraid to drop it. I reckon this would be really good as a foot soak rather than being used in a shower!


These products were sent to me to review, all views are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment