Tuesday 18 September 2018

Ben & Anna Natural Soda Deodorant in Indian Mandarine, Provence & Vanilla Orchid - Review*





A natural soda deodorant that helps protect against odour and wetness. 100% natural origin, vegan and not tested on animals. “After a long time living the good life in Berlin, we made the decision to leave the urban jungle behind us. We decided to move back to the countryside of my Hessian homeland, in spite of Berlin’s many advantages. As a strictly vegan couple, we have always paid close attention to what we consumed. Our purchasing habits have always predominantly consisted of products from sustainable and/or organic sources. In the realm of cosmetic products, I have always trusted in the power of nature as well. I had long been searching for a suitable deodorant for myself. It needed to be vegan and not tested on animals. I also wanted a deodorant without aluminium and it was impossible for me to find anything that fit the bill. So we decided to develop our own deodorant which is based solely on all natural ingredients and is free of parabens. It’s a deodorant which can be used by men and women alike. After several attempts, and a lot of time and tinkering we were ready to launch the new deodorant, which we are very proud of.” – Ben & Anna.

A deodorant that contains Arrowroot to absorb moisture, that is also an anti-bacterial which helps keep the wearer dry and smelling fresh, along with Baking Powder to help neutralise odour. Cruelty-free, certified vegan and certified natural & organic, contains 0% aluminium, no PEGs, Parabens, Phthalates or alcohol and is gluten-free.


Indian Mandarine-
A fresh, citrussy deodorant to keep you fresh all day long.

Provence-
A relaxing and soothing scented deodorant to keep you fresh all day long. 

Vanilla Orchid-
A delicately sweet-scented deodorant to keep you fresh all day long.


After trying out the Ben & Anna Natural Soda Deodorants in Pink Grapefruit and Persian Lime I really wanted to try out their other scents. I decided to try out scents Indian Mandarine, Provence and Vanilla Orchid from LoveLula.com. Firstly, all three scents smell amazing! To me Indian Mandarine reminds me of holidays Abroad, Provence has a strong but uplifting scent and Vanilla Orchid is very mild and sort. These deodorants are brilliant and by far the best vegan deodorant's I've come across since going vegan back in 2014. I've come to the decision that I prefer a creamy stick deodorant that I can rub onto my armpits over any other deodorant style that I've tried, as I find them easier to apply and get on with. The Ben & Anna deodorants are perfect for this as the creamy formula glides over my armpits really well, leaving them fully protected. I find the formula isn't sticky after applying and it dries pretty quickly leaving my armpits feeling soft. With these deodorants, I still sweat naturally (a lot less compared to my previous deodorant) but my odour is masked by the long-lasting fresh smelling scents throughout the day. The only downside I found to these deodorants is that the more product you apply the more yellow stains you create on your clothing, this isn't too much of a hassle though as it washes out really easily. Other than that I'm really glad I tried the rest of the Ben & Anna Natural Soda Deodorant gang!


These products were sent to me to review, all views are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this brand yet but would love to. The Indian Mandarine scent is particularly appealing to me.

    Petra / www.behealthynow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend, the scent is so lovely and strong!

      Delete