Monday 23 February 2015

Gift Wellness Normal Pads & Panty Liners - Review*


Gift Wellness Ltd was founded in 2012 by Dr Zareen Roohi Ahmed who designed a new, innovative range of sanitary pads & panty liners. The idea was two-fold. Firstly, to address the poor quality of sanitary protection products that filled our supermarket aisles, most of which were made with toxic materials and artificial fragrances that caused a wide range of feminine problems. The other purpose of Gift Wellness was to provide sanitary pads to women in crisis situations, such as homeless women and women in refugee camps. So far, around 500,000 sanitary pads have been donated!

Gift Wellness Sanitary Pads are hypoallergenic, natural, breathable and luxuriously soft. They are 100% free of dust, chlorine and harmful chemicals. Herbal extracts, negative ions and far infrared ray layer made from tourmaline mineral with anti-bacterial capabilities help to reduce infection, eliminate odours, improve blood circulation, regulate flow and restore pH balance. Better for the environment - Due to higher absorbency, third fewer pads are used and thrown away resulting in reduced landfill waste.

A while ago I came across an advert to request some free samples of Gift Pads. I emailed the company and they kindly sent me two of their Normal Pads and two of their Panty Liners to try out. The pads are all natural, breathable and are hypoallergenic, which means they're relatively unlikely to cause an allergic reaction. The pads are also free of chlorine, harmful chemicals, are dermatologically tested, not tested on animals and contain no animal products so are suitable for vegans! Gift Wellness also donates 10% of profits to charity. I think the design of these pads has been thought out really well and I find them to have a better appearance than some of the other vegan and cruelty-free pads that I have seen before. I got on really well with both of these products and I found them to be very soft, which made them very comfortable to wear, it's as if they weren't there! They also had a good grip and stayed in place for all of their needed time and I had no problem with them bulking up like I have done before. The pads are light and thin, and because of this, they're easier to carry around with you in your bag when you're out and about. Even though the pads look and feel thinner than most other brands, don't let this put you off of trying them out as they're said to be at least 5x more absorbent than ordinary brands, which I personally agree with. I also really love that the packaging is 100% recyclable, so make sure you throw it away with all of your other recycling. Since receiving these samples I have bought a full sized box of Gift's Normal sized pads as I really enjoyed using the samples that were sent to me.


This product was sent, all views are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment